20.11.14

Week Eleven

It's been eleven weeks since the beginning of the semester and our first blog post. Eleven weeks, are you kidding me?! How did that happen? I am completely mind-blown by the fact that November is almost over and December is almost here. (And my Christmas tree still isn't up yet! That is so out of character for me...I've gotta get on that!)

Last night I was driving to a PR event at UVU with somebody I didn't know very well. However, we got to talking and the topic of marriage came up. I mentioned that I was getting married next month and he said that he had been married for two years and then proceeded to give me lots of advice. It was actually pretty nice. He talked about staying in that "newlywed" phase longer than normal, the importance of making time for each other, and balancing school and a relationship. It was all very helpful and I'm willing to listen to anyone's advice that has some!

One of the things he said to me stuck with me the rest of the night, just because of how I've been feeling lately. He said that he and his wife have been married for two years and it feels like it was just last month...he doesn't know where the time has gone.

Okay ya'll, time is FLYING by and I know that everyone says that and everyone feels that way probably but it's more true than ever right now! I don't know if it's because i'm anxious and just overly excited to marry my man but the days are all mushing together and some are disappearing all together and it's just nuts. 

Good ol' Dr. Seuss wrote, "How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?" I would like to shout amen to that a thousand times over. The weeks and the months--they fly! And I guess all we can do is live each of them to the fullest and make the most of every minute we've got. 

2 comments:

  1. I am also getting married in December and I feel the exact same way. Time is going by crazy fast. I really liked the advice the other person gave you about spending more time "newlywed" phase than normal. I feel like with my school work and my fiancés recreation director position that we can easily leave that stage and focus on school and work. Thank you so much for writing about this, we will defiantly try and balance our work and personal life during our marriage. Best wishes on your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way having been married for over a year. It still feels like yesterday. My suggestion is to never letting planning your wedding take away from the covenant you are making. You will always remember the wedding, but the marriage itself is where memories truly are. I wished we had been told that because wedding planning was super stressful.

    Time definitely flies when you are busy. I can definitely attest to that.

    ReplyDelete