6.11.14

Week Nine

It's November. It's November. IT'S NOVEMBER! How on earth is 2014 almost over?! It is so scary to me how fast time is flying by! Everyone always tells me that it just goes faster the older you get and that just stinks.

There's a lot I learned this past week and for this post I know exactly what I want to focus on: celebrating even the smallest of accomplishments and taking things one step at time. 

I know you're all sick of hearing about it but I get married in 51 (!!!) days. Invitations still aren't out...whoops. It's on my mind constantly and it stresses me out every day. Choosing the picture wasn't easy, designing the actual invitation took a while, and finding the cheapest way to print them took a lot of time too. Breaking news though: as of this morning, they are ordered. It feels so stinking good to at least know the order has been placed and all that's left to do is wait. So even though I don't have a dress yet...and bridesmaid dresses still need to be exchanged...and venue details need to be finalized...that's okay. I am celebrating this occasion because why not? It's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and I just want to be better about celebrating the little, great things that happen on a daily basis. Today i'm celebrating invitations. 

Now for some fun news: we ordered 500 invitations and are addressing them all by hand. Long story as to why, but we just are. This is going to take up a big chunk of my time and it's easy to be overwhelmed by the task ahead of me (I've got a meltdown or two under my belt to back this up). However, as I was talking to my fiance about it last night, I found myself being surprisingly optimistic and telling him that it wouldn't be so bad because I would just take ten at a time and congratulate myself for each set that I complete! I don't know where it came from, but it's true! If I just break them up it's easier for me to wrap my head around and realize it's really not terrible! I'm just going to approach this one step at a time.


In the Church, we are encouraged to keep an eternal perspective and act with the potential consequences in mind. I think this is something we should all remind ourselves of once in a while. The little stresses of each day are not the be-all and end-all. Life goes on and we will have lots of awesome, fulfilling days ahead even when it doesn't feel like that. We can't let small things weigh us down! So I'm going to look at the bigger picture and remind myself of the great things to come. I am marrying this man next month. I love him more than anything and I can't wait. This is a good, good life ya'll. 

3 comments:

  1. Well first of all, congratulations! It must be super exciting and I wish you all the best. I can only imagine how stressful it must all be. My brother is engaged and I can see all that he has to do to plan for his wedding. It is a special time and you will remember it forever. Thank you for the message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your pictures are amazing. I am sure that it is stressful right now but if it wasn't it wouldn't be as much fun right? I really enjoyed your thought about keeping an eternal perspective and about not letting the small things get us down, or even the big things. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you were able to pull a life lesson out of something that seems so ordinary and mundane. It’s so true that breaking everything up into manageable pieces makes it seem so much easier to do. I find myself doing this with schoolwork all the time. It’s important to know what is coming up next, but sometimes if I focus too much on those things, then it can become overwhelming. That’s why I like to take it a week at a time, just like you are doing with your letters! Thank you for sharing and I hope all of the wedding plans are going well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete