11.11.14

Week Ten

This week was our first mini-conference with presentations from all of the unlucky people who got the early dates. I was unsure of how it was all going to work going into it, but I was impressed by how smoothly it all went! Everyone I saw present did a great job and communicated the information very well.

There were a few things I noticed as an observer that I need to take note of when it comes down to my own presentation. For starters, one thing I noticed was the volume of each of the speakers. Most of them spoke in a normal tone of voice. Usually this isn't a problem with the small number of audience members each presenter had.  However, because of the environment we were in, volume was a problem. With so many people speaking at one time, the normal volume needed to be adjusted so we could hear clearly understand what they were saying. For the next set of presenters, I would definitely recommend speaking louder than what seems normal!

Another thing I liked was having something different--something that stood out--in a presentation. Some people included a small picture, some had different hooks at the beginning, some had catchy acronyms that stuck in your head. Since we were watching so many presentations in a row, it really helped to have something that was out of the norm!

Overall, I think the first presentations went so well and I can't wait to see what other interesting topic are in store for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment