What a great week in MCOM! I so enjoyed our mock interviews on Monday. Since I had just done two interviews the week before, I wasn't looking forward to doing more in class. However, I got over it and dragged myself to class. I'm so glad I did!
My group all had amazing interviews--they were each going into completely different fields, but the one thing they all had in common was their friendliness and fun personalities. I think that it's so important to have the right qualifications and experience on your resume when you're interviewing for a job. However, I don't think that's enough to cut it. A million other people might have those same qualities and be just as qualified for the position.That's why the interview is so important--it gives you the chance to stand out! And that's exactly what each of the interviewees did.
There were a couple of things I noticed during this exercise that I want to take note of and remember in future interviews. First off, eye contact! That was something that everyone in my group struggled with in some way. Usually we all focused on just the person who asked the question and neglected to look around at the other people around the desk. It's so easy to lock eyes with one individual and speak to them, rather than shifting your eyes every few seconds or so, but it makes the biggest difference! Another thing I noticed was how fast you have to be with your responses! You really have to be able to think on your feet and give the interviewer an answer without keeping them waiting for very long. That's where the PAR paragraphs will come in handy!
Overall, this was a great experience and just another opportunity to find areas for improvement. I even got great recommendations for my resume and look forward to editing it this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment