1.10.14

Week Four

I LOVE that this post is now listed under October and that September is behind us! Granted, September 2014 is the month that changed my life for a lot of reasons and I am so grateful for it. But October!! Everything looks and smells so good in this glorious month and I love it more than I can explain.

Now...CLOUD: coherence, length, organization, unity, development. This was one of the topics discussed in chapter three of our reading this week. At first I was worried about remembering what each letter stands for but when I actually started to analyze each step and what they meant, remembering it became much easier. It all just makes perfect sense.  Of course it needs to all be cohesive and have unity. Each message we give needs to be focused on what exactly it is that we're trying to get across. Keeping organized (like with an agenda) will help with that purpose. Length seems obvious since we all have experience with messages we didn't even give a change because of their intimidating length. Lastly, we need to support our topic with details! Just like it's important for us to have support from family and friends or arch support in our shoes, it is important for us to support our claims with evidence, details and explanations.

As a Public Relations Pre-Major, I am so anxious to apply these CLOUD principles in my writing. It is going to be so important for me to get my point across clearly, whether that be for the benefit of my superiors or clients or coworkers or anybody else.

Happy October ya'll!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I was having a hard time remembering what CLOUD was too. This will really help you in PR as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your CLOUD post. It works out really well that "cloud" is such a buzz word these days. What is fascinating to me is how much you appreciate the model, especially because I didn't think twice about it when I read it. Having said that, I agree with you on how important each aspect of writing is. Having been in many professional settings, effective communication is invaluable. We are often judged by the way we write, and if it is effective people will associate us as effective. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post. It was like a mini review for me. Hopefully i ace any cloud questions on the test now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post. Yeah this concept will undoubtedly help you in your major and even throughout your life. Even in this post you employed CLOUD aspects haha!

    ReplyDelete